Triple Clicks

Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 17.2: The Rippln Idea

It's so late that I could have almost put this as "Day 18.1," but I remembered that I hadn't yet written my second post of the day, and I do have something to write about!

A couple days ago I came across a new social site called Rippln. It's still in an invitation-only Beta, but I was curious and looked into it further, and before long I got my own invitation, an account, and was an active member on their Facebook page.

What is Rippln? As I said before, it's a social site, roughly along the lines of Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. But it has some interesting ideas about it, too. For one thing, it has a mobile base. It's especially designed to be an app on a smart phone and to fit in with modern mobile technology. It also has a fascinating geographical feature about it called "ripples" that can be particularly addicting. You ripple out to your friends, who ripple out to their friends, who ripple out to their friends, etc. You can see just how far your social influence can spread, and believe me, it's surprising. And what's more? You get paid for effort. What other social app pays you for telling people about it?

So, does it work? In its first four weeks, Rippln already has over 500,000 registered users all over the world--very impressive for something that's springing up out of nowhere. The people I've met on their Facebook page are friendly and helpful and, well, I'm very impressed. Take a look for yourself.


I've joined, and it really is that good. And I really do want to let others know about it. If you want to check it out for yourself, I'll give you an invite free! Just send your first and last name, email, and phone number to my e-mail address, specterpoet@gmail.com. I'll sign you up, and you can be guaranteed that your info will be used ONLY for me to sign you up and send you your code. It's awesome, and if you're not already convinced that it works, try it out anyway and you'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment